How Do I?
To get a library card, visit the library to complete registration. You must have a photo ID and proof of current address. Print out the application form or get an application form at your library.
Library cards are free for all Plum Creek Residents. Lost cards can be replaced for $1.00 at the library.
There is no minimum age to obtain a library card, but if the user is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be present and provide a photo ID and proof of address as they would for their own card.
- Go to the library catalog.
- Click "Log in to your account" in the upper right corner.
- Enter your login, which is your entire library card barcode number. Enter your password, which is the last four digits of your library card barcode number. If for some reason your login does not work, call the library for help in logging in.
- You're logged in! Now to place a hold type the word, phrase, author, title or subject you are looking for in the search field at the top of the screen and click "Go."
- Click "Place a Hold" on the item you wish to request.
- Click "Confirm Hold." Once you're item arrives at the library you will be notified and you have 1 week to pick it up.
- Can't find what you're looking for? You can also place holds following this process on MNLink.org, which searches all Minnesota libraries.
The library has a drop box available so you can return items at any time. iPads can only be returned inside the library during operating hours.
To check your due dates online, go to the library catalog. Use the login area on the right-hand side to enter your login, which is your library card barcode number, and then your password, which is the last four digits your library card barcode number. Once logged on, you will see all of the items you have checked out and due dates.
- Go to the library catalog
- Click "Log in to your account" in the upper right corner
Enter your login, which is your entire library card barcode number. Enter your password, which is the last four digits of your library card barcode number. If for some reason your login does not work, call the library for help in logging in.
- You're logged in! Now to renew an item select the renew box next to the item you wish to renew and click on "Renew Selected"
- If you want to renew everything, click on "Renew all"
- Items from the PCLS that are not on hold for someone else can be renewed 2 times, after the initial check out. If the item is from MNLink, a special request to renew must be made.
- There are some restrictions to renew online due to fines and overdues. Call the library for assistance if needed.
Have an item you really want but can't find it in our Catalog or on MNLink? You can request a purchase! Come into the library and tell a staff member that you would like to request the purchase of an item. These requests go to our Director who then reviews them to see if they fit our Selection Policy. If the item is purchased, your name will be automatically placed on the holds list and we will let you know when it is available.
The library often has volunteer opportunities. For information about current volunteer opportunities, stop by the library to talk to the Director.
You have access to free eBook and eAudiobook resources through the library. Simply download the "Libby" app for free, and log on using your entire card number as the username, and the last 4 digits of your card number as the password. For more information on these services, visit our "Digital Resources" page.